Cakka Nuraga Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
»  The majority of Canadians
Oil Spill in Pagudpud EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:22 pm by kosovohp

» Legislative restrictions
Oil Spill in Pagudpud EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:21 pm by kosovohp

» Canada has been inhabited
Oil Spill in Pagudpud EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:21 pm by kosovohp

» rsgold rsgold
Oil Spill in Pagudpud EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:59 am by lunamoonfang

» What is the Green Bible?

» nike nike nike

» The wicket
Oil Spill in Pagudpud EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:52 pm by kosovohp

» While training

» O'Reilly won

Statistics
We have 24 registered users
The newest registered user is utediony

Our users have posted a total of 391 messages in 343 subjects

Oil Spill in Pagudpud

Go down

Oil Spill in Pagudpud Empty Oil Spill in Pagudpud

Post  ladyhihi Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:50 pm

I was supposed to include this as my next post in the thread "Birding in Ilocos," but I have decided against it. I suddenly remember that Doc Pete Calope would be disseminating to his friends and networks that thread to promote birdwatching, this news might not jibe with the message he wants to relay. But nevertheless, I am posting it here so everybody will be aware of what happened and what is happening in Pagudpud.

Before we went to Saud to see the Philippine Ducks, we were invited by Pagudpud Mayor Maja Sales to check the oil spill near the Patapat viaduct. And here's what we saw...

OIL SPILL IN PAGUDPUD CONTINUES.

More than 10,000 liters of bunker oil spilled at the height of typhoon "Juan" and affected over four kilometers of shorelines in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte.

5 to 10 liters per hour are continuously leaking out from the abandoned North Korean ship which still has about 160,000 liters of bunker fuel in its tanks.

The Coast Guard, the Bureau of Customs, and the local governments are locked in conflict over which agency has the rightful jurisdiction on the ship which originally contained more than 2,600 tons of magnetite black sands mined from the beaches of Ballesteros, Cagayan and supposed to be brought to China until it experienced mechanical trouble and listed off the shores of Pagudpud where it now rests on top of destroyed coral reefs.

If remained uncontrolled, the oil spill threatens to affect the white beaches of Pagudpud, the shorelines of Bangui where the Wind Mills are located, and the habitat of hundreds of endangered/vulnerable Philippine Ducks (Anas luzonica) in Saud Beach, Pagudpud.

Chalkboard
roofing long island

ladyhihi

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum